Friday, June 12, 2009

I Found Something I Agree with Obama About

The headline sounds scary: "U.S. Cities May Have to be Bulldozed to Survive," but the premise is to go through some older cities, primarily in the Rust Belt and return underutilized exurbs to nature. There are some complications to be worked out, like proper compensation for the current property owners and re-settlement of residents and businesses. But with the inevitable return of $4 + per gallon gasoline, you would probably be doing some of those folks a favor. We need to take a hard look at our growth patterns in this country to minimize impact on the infrastructure which is already reeling.

I like the idea, but don't see why the Federal Government has to be involved. This needs to be handled at the local level. Obama's going to be too busy running the car companies, my bank and my prescription levels! (C'mon, you knew I couldn't let him totally off the hook!)

No comments: