Thursday, June 2, 2011

Good Feed

I like Dr. Charles Krauthammer...not in a man-love way, but I really respect his life story and have deep admiration for his incisive intellect.  But even the good guys go off the rails every now and then.  A piece in the American Thinker this morning, Dr. Krauthammer and Gov. Palin: Analyzing the Analyst,  takes a hard look at the good Doctor's dislike of Sarah Palin.  I'll be honest, I don't know what to make of Sarah Palin - I don't like her, I don't dislike her - I love the way she tweeks the media, but I may fall into the Krauthammer camp over concern for her...dare I say it? "Gravitas?"  Flip side of it is this: nothing could be worse for this nation than four more years of what we have.  She, at least, has a successful track record at the executive level; she is unabashedly conservative and knows her way around a 12-gauge...not bad.

OK - I really was trying to stay out of the Anthony Weiner junk.  Since he's a member of  Congress, I figure he's a stand-up guy although he does come across as a blow hard.  Any rate, here's the (hopefully) last word on Weinergate, from none other than that masterful razor weilder, Ann Coulter: Wiener's Penis Photo to Be Settled In Small Claims Court.  Hat tip GS.

Dan Henninger over at the Wall Street Journal nails the economic situation - it's the fault of Obama's policy.  Duh!  Great read though: Obama's Cloud Economy.


If you're going to make up a story about how happy you are - why not rate yourself numero uno?  Well the North Koreans did a "study" wherein they determined that they won the silver medal of happiness!  China wins the gold - I guess that's a payoff to the only thing that keeps Kim Jong Il in Elvis records...you guessed it, we in the states need to take our right hands, hold them up to our forehead with the thumb out at a 90 degree angle making a big "L."  Read it here: North Korea One of the Happiest Places on Earth?

Let's close out with a little education, The Road to Serfdom in Five Minutes. Remember, Members of Congress like Anthony Weiner, want to plan your life...they know better!

That's it.

Rumble on.







No comments: