1. Policies of Illusion: The City Journal keeps churning out very high quality material and this analysis by Bruce Thornton is a terrific example. The fundamental argument set forth is that the West is basing their policies for dealing with the Islamic world on a set of dangerously false assumptions, thus creating policies of illusion. Foreign policy needs to deal with reality, not what we wish it would be.
2. How America Should Deal With the Ground Zero Mosque: While we are on the subject, this is a fine analysis of what we should do about the "Hamosque" at Ground Zero and the growing threat of spreading Islamism.
3. Reading Rauf: The Ground Zero Hamosque imam has gotten quite a bit of press. Obama and the boys stick to the message that he is a "man of peace" and have funded expeditionary trips abroad for Rauf...this piece takes a look at the man through his own words - it ain't pretty.
4. Islam vs. The West: Picking up on a theme here? Good! Yes, this is another fine piece that tries to boil the conflict down to an understandable maxim: "Islamism is not a movement to be engaged, it is an enemy to be defeated."
|This is Islamism "engaging" the West.|
5. When Jewish Boys Bow to Allah: A scathing piece from The American Thinker on how attempts to "understand" and "appreciate" Islam have led to a bunch of white kids (some Jewish) bowing to Allah on a frickin' field trip in Wellesley, Massachusetts. If you haven't seen the video, it's in this piece...grab a barf bag before watching.
That's it for now, dear readers. Enjoy but stay engaged!