Thursday, October 21, 2010

NPR Fires the Truth

I disagree with a whole lot of what Juan Williams says, but I respect that he stands by his beliefs.  The Nationalist Peoples' Radio network apparently can't handle ANY deviation from the party line, so they will no longer accept Mr. Williams on their precious, totally taxpayer subsidized network.  What?  A liberal not allowed on NPR?   What could he possibly have said that is so damming?

Well it happened on O'Reilly's show on FOX last night.  O'Reilly had a dust up on the Vagina Monologues...err, The View, where he uttered the grossly untrue statement that "Muslims attacked us on 9/11."  This horrendous accusation 
caused Whoopi and Joey to walk off the set in an indignant huff.  

Funny, I thought Muslims DID attack us on 9/11.  No, not every Muslim on the planet, but I'm pretty sure the Amish didn't do it, nor the Zoroastrians...hmmm, the Catholic nuns?  They caused some mild trauma in my childhood education, but they didn't fly planes into buildings.  What was O'Reilly's error?  It wasn't "Muslims" that did it, it was "Extremists."  Of course!  Extremists!  Well, we had better be double-checking all the "extremists" to make sure they don't try to repeat that grisly act.

Coming to an airport near you: 

TSA AGENT: "Are you a Christian 'extremist'?"
PASSENGER: "I believe that Jesus Christ is the risen Lord...
TSA AGENT: "Come with me, you're under arrest."
TSA AGENT 2: "Quick check out those Mennonites over there, they've got some old-fashioned dresses on..."
TSA AGENT: "Will do, as soon as I finish cuffing this Buddhist monk.

Extremists, indeed.  So that's what got Bill in trouble, but Juan?  Well, he said the following:
 "Look, Bill, I'm not a bigot. You know the kind of books I've written about the civil rights movement in this country. But when I get on the plane, I got to tell you, if I see people who are in Muslim garb and I think, you know, they are identifying themselves first and foremost as Muslims, I get worried. I get nervous."
WHOA NELLIE!  OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!

OK, dear reader, who among you after 9/11 does not get a little uneasy when you are boarding a plane and the guy in front of you, obviously from the Middle East, is wearing "Muslim garb" and his wife is in a burka? Let's have a show of hands...OK, you can put them all down now.  I have a Muslim friend who has told me it makes HIM nervous when he sees people in "Muslim garb" in a crowded place.

This is suicide by multiculturalism.  But it isn't even multiculturalism - this is cultural preference and reverse bigotry.  Sorry Juan, the purification of the left is nearing completion and you are no longer allowed on the bus.



No comments: