Monday, February 16, 2009

Yeah, let's not have that guy staring at us...


I guess if I were in the Miracle Workers shoes, I wouldn't want the stern visage of Mr. Churchill staring at me either. Somehow, I suspect Churchill is happier to be out of there. He could not comprehend a leader bent on the destruction of their own country. Read the whole story here.

Is this the new look of our foreign policy? Turn our backs on the traditional enemies like the British while we embrace our long standing friends in the Muslim world? There's some change we can believe in.

As the great man once said: "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on." I suspect there's some serious grave-spinning going on across the pond.




Barry O would do well to remember this bit of wisdom too: "The whole history of the world is summed up in the fact that, when nations are strong, they are not always just, and when they wish to be just, they are no longer strong." I know it doesn't sit well in the Land of Hopeandchange where everyone gets a fluffy purple unicorn, but 'dem's the facts, ma'am.

1 comment:

Richard Langworth said...

Although commonly ascribed to Churchill (who would have said "trousers" not "pants," the "lie" comment was actually written by Cordell Hull, Franklin Roosevelt's Secretary of State. My book, "red herrings" appendix, page 576: amzn.to/churchillquote