Thursday, September 3, 2009

I Pledge...

You have got to be kidding! Are these morons completely tone deaf?




There's so much idiocy in this thing I don't know where to start...deep breath, here we go:

1. The cast - so a Hollywood celebrity that has never held a shovel is going to plant a tree? Right. Come to think of it, other than being mediocre, but very rich thespians, why should we care what they pledge?

2. The blatant agenda - stem cell research? access to medical care? green? How many simp-lib causes can you fit in one video? And you think this is right to show to school children???

3. Service? "serve President Barack Obama" ??!! The President is OUR servant, not the other way around! We serve our country, he is not our master! Jesus, people, are you so deprived of a soul that you have to worship a two-bit politician? If you didn't give him gazillions in campaign funds, he wouldn't care a flip about you. Utter stupidity!

4. Creepy - this is just plain creepy...reminds me of this:




Or this:


Or this:


I used to think it couldn't really be this bad...that maybe I was being a little paranoid. I look at productions like this "I Pledge!" video and this uber-creepy "national address" to the school children next week and I am not so sure any more. This is sure starting to look a lot like a cult-worshipping, statist coup. Wake up America, is this the hopie change thing you really wanted?

No comments: